Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome to the DPL Staff Notes Blog!

While speaking with a few staff people on Wednesday, it became apparent that some would appreciate some sort of regular staff meeting - and that having a regular staff meeting with everyone in attendance is very difficult to achieve. This is not new or surprising in the world of part-time employment, and while I am not abandoning the idea of some sort of staff meetings (perhaps quarterly?), in the meantime I figured I would put together a staff blog where we can all check in with each other on a regular basis.

If you are reading this, you have received your invitation and have jumped through the hoops to be a blog "author." This means that you can POST to the blog, and you can COMMENT on others people's posts. This is a private blog for staff use and communication only- it is not available to or searchable by the public.

Perhaps the biggest advantage to a staff blog is the fact that all "conversations" will be archived. Meaning, if you recall that we discussed "vacations" at some point, but can't remember the details, you can search the archives and find the conversation. You can also check this blog at your convenience, as it lives on the web, and you can read it at home or at work.

I will put a quick link to the blog on the circulation computers, and you can access the blog at http://dplnotes.blogspot.com on other computers. You may want to get in the habit of checking the blog when you check your work email.

PLEASE feel free to comment on posts. If you have something that you'd like to share or discuss with everyone on staff, then you can create a post as well. I realize that blogging may be a new format for many of you, so if you need help, just ask!