Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dennis Reads

The Dennis reads program is coming soon. These books are going to be put into a display area. We are going to check them out on DLP's library card. The card is located at the reference desk, or easier, just type in Dennis Public Library under patron name. When a book is brought up to the desk just check it out to the patron and OK the first prompt telling you its checked out to someone else. When a book is returned scan it as usual. If it comes up with a Dennis hold continue on as usual. If it scans in with out any hold check it back out to DPL. If it comes up with a hold sending it out of town we don't want to fulfill this hold. Check the book back out to DPL. The hold will now be stuck on this book so we must transfer the hold to an available copy. If there is actually a list it gets kind of trickey. We are going to have to see who has the hold, note which library its being picked up at, cancel and replace the hold. We also need to move this patron up on the list so they receive the next available copy. I would be glad to answer questions or help you at this point if needed. If I'm not here just take down the information and I'll do it when I come in.
Kathy

No comments: