Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Transit Boxes

After attending a CLAMS meeting this morning I learned that it is better not to separate the DVDs and media in a separate transit box. It seems that the cases fair better if the weight is more evenly distributed with the books. After the boxes leave us and are sorted if there are many DVDs and CDs together they tend to get squished by the weight of the books.

It has also been brought to my attention that there was more care in piling the materials in the boxes in the past and we should try to sort so there are four stacks in the box whenever possible.

I also learned of the CCILA Spring Conference being held next Thursday 3/19 at CCCC. I have more information on the workshops being offered, cost, and a application if anyone is interested. You can also go to www.ccila.com for more info. This conference is open to all of us.

Thank You,
Lisa

No comments: