Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Alarming News, Part 2

Looks like we had another tripped alarm on Friday - and since this is the second one in as many months, one more this year and we will be fined by the Police Department for too many false alarms.

I am not clear on what tripped it this time, but I think the interior door may have been left unlocked during Author's Friday, and someone might have tried to come in to the library area. In any case, the Friends also left the front door UNLOCKED after the event (the second time in two months)....

SO, this is just a reminder to

* Please check that you are really the last one out on Friday - especially check the Genealogy Office, Children's Room, and staff bathroom.

* Please make sure all interior doors (main door, meeting room door, and children's room kitchen door) are LOCKED during Author's Friday Events and any other events that are in progress before the library closes.

I am writing this for myself as well as everyone else - I always assume everything is locked up when I am the last one out, and I need to get in the habit of double-checking as well. I will let everyone know if there will be a new protocol when dealing with Author's Friday - seems we might have an ongoing concern there.

Thanks!

No comments: