Friday, October 23, 2009

CD / DVD Cleaner

After finding out that it will cost almost 100 bucks just to get the PACKAGING necessary to send the thing back (!!!!), I decided to take the dvd cleaner apart. It was chock full of dirt and dust, and one of the guide wheels was broken (which I think was causing the grinding sound). I cleaned it all up and fixed the guide wheel, and it seems to be fine now.

However, I discovered that there a million settings on this thing, and just pushing the button(s) one too many times will cause it to get "confused." I think it would be a good idea for me to go over how it works with everyone who is interested, just to make sure we are all on the same page and using it correctly.

We also need to be very gentle when inserting a disk - it looks like the guide wheel was just driven off track from too forceful pushing of the discs into the slot.

No comments: