Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Museum Pass Policy

We are no longer taking reservations on the Museum Passes. From now on, the passes will go out for 3 DAYS ONLY. The passes SHOULD default to three days on check-out, but you may want to check the first few times just to be sure.

I expect that some patrons may put up a fuss about this - and I understand that it was a nice convenience for some - but I am trying to make things as easy and streamlined at the circ desk as possible for the coming summer months and the seasonal employees. This is one of those things that was too complicated for the amount of convenience it offered.

I have purchased THREE ADDITIONAL Zooquarium passes (for a total of FOUR PASSES). As this is easily the most used of our passes, I hope the additional copies will provide enough to go around. The other Dennis Libraries have them, as well as the Yarmouth libraries, so I think we will be covered.

Perhaps at some point we will be able to go to an complete online reservation system (for programs, passes, etc) - but that costs money. So until we have the money and the patron base to warrant it, we're going to keep things as simple (and FREE) as possible.

Questions, please see me.
Thanks!

No comments: