Friday, July 9, 2010

Money Troubles

I received a call from the accounting office - seems we are still having trouble counting the drawer, as our totals are off more often than they should be. MaryAnne (the Town Accountant) is very concerned that we will be audited....

Since I am not sure which part is tripping people up, MaryAnne will be here on Thursday, July 15, at 9:30, to train people on how to handle the cash drawer. While I am still going to attempt to keep the number of people who count the drawer to a minimum, this time slot means that most of the regular staff will be here already, and then just about everyone should be able to count the drawer if necessary.

I know that it seems like a small thing since we do not deal with large sums of money - but this is causing enough concern in accounting that they are no longer willing to sign off on erroneous deposits - and an audit would likely result in more trouble than is necessary.

No comments: