Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Boxes and BT Return Slips

Over the past few days, I have pulled a few Baker and Taylor RETURN AUTHORIZATION SLIPS out of the recycle bins. It is important that these slips are kept with YOUR invoice copy, in case a book needs to be returned. BT will NOT accept a return without the slip, so it's best to just hold on to them with the invoice.

Related to this, I am going to ask, again, that people DO NOT UNPACK boxes that you did not order. There is too much paperwork that can be lost, and everyone has their own method for filing this paper work. If you open a box and it is not your order, please just leave it on/near the cart, and the person who did order it will eventually deal with it. I will deal with unpacking YA, Large Print, Music, Audio Books, and DVDs, as I am the one who places the actual orders (and just today we were sent and charged for something that I did NOT order, and because the order had been already unpacked, I had to figure out where the packing slips went). Even unpacking boxes and leaving packing slips for people in their boxes causes too much confusion....

Any questions, please see me.

Thanks!

Post Script - I ordered an audio in the wrong format by mistake. Because I did not unpack the box, the error went unnoticed for too long, and now I cannot return it. Just another example of why I would like things done in this particular manner.

No comments: