There will be a Sierra Update Wednesday night January 21st. Thursday morning, the 22nd, Lisa and I both off. Everything should be fine but please stagger the log in that morning. We usually do this anyway so there hopefully won't be any problems.
There was a discussion on Patron Confidentiality that was interesting. Michelle at the clams office said patron names should never be included in emails. Also, we should really be vigilant about pulling the small check out slips out of the books as they are returned to make sure patron information isn't passed on. Some libraries are now tearing up the hold slips placed in the material on the hold shelf instead of crumpling and tossing then into the trash. These slips contain both the patron contact information and material being held. With all the new privacy laws we may need to adjust and talk about changes we want to make here.
Lastly, Item Level Holds are used a small percentage of the time but lately the Item level Paging Lists are getting longer and longer. They often have on them material that should be on the Bib level paging list. I am pretty sure I have talked to everyone about why we shouldn't do this. I have seen it here at DPL but in both cases it was a volunteer. If you have questions about the difference please ask me. Thanks,
Kathy
No comments:
Post a Comment