From now on, new books will be cataloged with a location code of NEW, so that we can locate them more easily when pulling the list and re-shelving.
Juv--NEW - dpjn
Young Adult--NEW - dpyan
NEW -- dpn (this basically covers everything that goes on the new shelves across from circ)
I don't think we have the time to pull the current new books and change the location codes (but if I find myself with nothing better to do one day, I just might do that), but we should get in the habit of having our volunteers who move the NEW books onto the general collection shelves scan each book and change the location code as necessary (taking it out of new and putting it in it's proper category).
We may need to have a bit of training in that.... If so, let me know, and I will put something together for sometime in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment