Seems like all of a sudden, there have been a lot of OVERDRIVE questions from patrons. This is good, means more people are accessing the service (which isn't cheap). Because some of you ahve had questions of your own, I am posting the link to the PDF Slide Show training from OverDrive.
http://www.clamsnet.org/staff/new/OverDrive/DL101_v01152008.pdf
If you are NOT currently logged in to the Clams Staff Page, when you click or access this link, a box will pop up wanting the login info:
clamsstaff
mammoth
This is a LONG training. You navigate through it by using the forward and backward buttons in the top menu bar, as it is set-up as a slide show. While I am happy to answer whatever questions I can, I STRONGLY suggest that you look at the training at home, and then install the software and DOWNLOAD A TITLE for yourself. Like anything, you won't really have an understanding of this until you try it a few times. Also, I found the training really easy, but then when I did it myself, I had a couple of questions that I just had to figure out on my own.
If you would like something a bit shorter and WITH audio, you should check out the OverDrive Tour at http://www.overdrive.com/products/dlr/tour/
This tour is on the OverDrive page, and is available to patrons. Patrons with many questions should start there.
Also, there is a list of Problems and Solutions that may not be addressed in the OverDrive Help section. The list can be found on the ClAMS Staff pages
http://www.clamsnet.org/staff/new/OverDrive/overdrive_problems_solutions.html
and I have printed out a copy for Reference and Circ.
FYI -
The loan period for OverDrive material is 7 days, and then the material automatically disappears from the media console. Audio that is transfered to a personal Mp3 player stays there until it is deleted by the borrower.
A patron may have 5 items "out" at a time.
Hopefully this helps!
No comments:
Post a Comment