Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shelving Issues

Hi, All!

I have encountered a couple of problems lately with shelved books. Some Cape Cod non-fiction is being shelved in regular non-fiction. We may just want to remind all the new people and volunteers that Cape Cod non-fiction has its own book case in the Reference area.

Also, many "Course Reserve" books are going back to the stacks and not to the book displays. This concerns me a little because these books may forever be back on the shelves with a "Course Reserve" designation. I am almost tempted to go back to not assigning it, or maybe it's a simple case of reminding new people of the procedures? I'm open to any ideas.

Thank you!
Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we need - and have needed - a major re-training of the volunteers. I am hoping that THIS October I will be able to put that together. In the meantime, please (everyone) keep a list of issues that arise, so that they can be addressed during a raining. Thanks!