Hi Everyone!
When I got here today I was going to park in the usual spot in the vacant restaurant lot, but there was someone there putting a chain up across the driveway. I parked in our lot and when I walked passed I noticed that she had blocked the back exit with some boards. I walked over to ask her if I could have people move their cars before she locked them in and she said that she would leave the chain off tonight so people could leave, but that it would be back up tomorrow. She also said something snippy about how this was private property and we shouldn't be parking there anyway. I can't imagine what it could possibly be hurting to park there, but it seemed important to her that the parking lot be empty.
I just thought I would everyone know that the restaurant parking will most likely be blocked off tomorrow.
cheers,
Zoe
1 comment:
I noticed the chain today when I came in - but it was down. I wonder if they sold the place, or if that was the realtor. I did also notice about a week ago that when I pulled in and got out of the car, this woman - who I am assuming is the realtor - was showing the property and she gave me a very dirty look - but didn't say anything to me.
True, it is private property, and it's their right to chain it off, but I will be sure to ask her about it if I see her, and I'll also be sure to have the town post that the library lot is not to be used after-hours as when the restaurant was open, I would come in to all manner of trash from THEIR business parking in our lot at night! Brother! Some people have too much time on their hands....
Post a Comment