Saturday, May 29, 2010

Air Conditioning

As everyone is aware, our HVAC system is inadequate. And, I hate to say this, but that's never going to change. We are never going to achieve optimum temperatures, we are never going to have it the same temp in all parts of the building - it's just not going to happen because the system is not appropriate to the long, narrow shape of the building.

That being said, we do have a different contract now, and I do think things are BETTER. DPW is fully aware of the issues, and Greg and I are working to get it to where we are at least not roasting in summer and freezing in winter.

In the meantime, if you come in and it does not seem like the AC is on, that does NOT necessarily mean that it needs to be "reset." Please do not send Larry up to "reset" things! If the AC does NOT need to be reset, then sending Larry up will only make matter worse - and only I am able to tell if there is a reset alarm on.

Sometimes it takes a while for it to come on - this will lessen as the nights stay warmer. I am usually around to address this kind of stuff, but if I am not, you may have to "make do" until I am able to have someone in to fix it, reset it, or whatever, if it is truly having an "issue" outside the normal ones. We are having the temps inside  lowered a bit, and like I said, once the temps are warmer in the evening, it won't take as long for the system to come on in the morning.

No comments: