Friday, March 22, 2013

Lynda.com Training

I have signed us up for a free trial of Lynda.com, which is an online training company. It offers almost 1500 different online video training courses for ALL kinds of things from software to business applications to life skills (like goal setting).

You should have received an email asking you to register.

I would like EVERYONE to register, take a look around, and take (at least) one training course (they are not long) on something that you feel will benefit your work at the library. Naturally, you can do any work-related trainings at work. Also, there is no limit during this trial, so feel free to take other classes that interest you personally - you have remote access, so you can do that at home to your heart's content.

I am hoping to subscribe to this service and use it for regular, ongoing professional development here. While I am all for people going to workshops and classes, sometimes it's not feasible due to scheduling, and sometimes it's hard to find really relevant classes or workshops to attend that are in the area. So please, take a good look around at the classes, and give me your feedback on this.

We have the trial through April 2.

Questions? Need help? See me.

Thanks!
Jessica

No comments: