Thursday, March 14, 2013

Professional Development, Training, & Meetings

Because I am trying to keep the professional development funds we have from being taken away, I am asking everyone who goes to any type of training - free, paid-for, workshop, online, anything - to keep track of it. I would like to have a paper trail / file in case I am asked what kind of professional development the staff took part in.

If you go to a training session, please write up a few sentences  - name of training, date, location, cost (if any) and why you attended and/or what you feel like you got out of it. No need to be overly formal. Also, if you received a certificate of completion, etc, please include a copy of that.

Also, if you attend a regular meeting (PubServs, Reference, etc) please just shoot me a quick email summarizing what was discussed and any impact it has on DPL (and come talk to me about it if necessary). You can start keeping meeting notes from now on, but for training it would be great if you could write down anything you have done since July 1, 2012 (this fiscal year).

Questions, please see me.

Thanks!
Jess

No comments: