Freegal Movies is now live on our website and ready for patrons to access on their computers, tablets, and even phones. I have made handouts that are at the circ stations - PLEASE PUT ONE IN THE PATRONS BOOK ALONG WITH THE RETURN SLIP! This is one of the best ways to get new information to the patrons, as they tend to ignore signs, and unless they use the website frequently, they just don't see it on there.
The service is very easy to use, and all a patron needs is a valid DPL library card number (this should not work with other Dennis cards, as they are not paying for the service). This is a STREAMING service, so its works just like anything on Roku - HULU, NETFLIX, etc. The patron does not download to the computer or device, the content streams to it (this also means they need a fairly decent internet connection).
I want everyone to use their card and login and at least start a movie so that you can see what it is like so that you will be able to help a patron if needed. If you have an Apple or Android device, I would also like you to download the (free) app and see how it works through that - it's simple, but I just want everyone to have a working knowledge of the product.
Most movies are 5 years old and older (but there are some newer ones). There are actually a lot of decent movies on there, a lot of movies aimed at men, and I am hoping that this cuts down on patron theft of some of our DVDs. In fact, suggesting this product to people who have racked up high fines on overdue movies is a great idea.
I think this service will take off once word gets out, so please handout the bookmarks with the return notices and let people know we have a new product.
Any questions, please see me.
Thanks!
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment