FROM APRIL:
There is a new form to be used for book donations (if the patron desires). The form asks for name, address, and book totals, and the form is in the file cabinet next to MaryLou's desk.
If a patrons donates books or materials (NOT cash, that's a different story), please ask them if they would like a donation form for tax and recognition purposes. If so, have them fill out the new form, and then please MAKE A COPY of it. The patron keeps the original, which can be used for tax purposes. Please leave the copy for me in my mail box, and I will see that they get a formal thank you from the library.
If you have any questions, please ask me or Kathy.
Thanks!
I am just re-posting this because I left some more of these forms at the front desk (not sure where the others ended up). I had someone "complain" that they never got a formal thank you for the books they've dropped off, to which I replied "I am happy to do so if I am aware that you have donated books." I then told her to ask for a form from now on.... Maybe we can find a place to house these forms and then try to get in the habit of asking people who drop off books if they want a form for tax or appreciation purposes (the vast majority will say no).
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment